This year me and Mr D are trying to be healthy and eat more fruit and veg and what better way than a nice big bowl of home-made soup, especially in this cold weather.
Butternut squash soup is one of my faves and with a hint of chilli and the peanut butter it tastes even better.
Here is the recipe;
What you will need
* 1 large butternut squash
* 1 onion
* 1 chilli (add according to taste)
* Nutty peanut butter
What you do
* Cut the butternut squash in half and scoop out the seeds, score the flesh and spray with fry light and season with salt and pepper. Place on a roasting tray and roast until soft.(round 45 minutes)
* Chop and fry the onions and chilli and set aside
* Prepare the stock as per instructions
* Once the butternut squash is cooked, remove from skin and add the onion and chilli along with the stock (only half at first)
* Blend until smooth adding a little more stock if needed.
* Pour in to a sauce pan and add x 2 spoons of peanut butter and stir through.
* Heat and serve
I hope you enjoy this soup as much as me. It must be good as even Mr D had a bowl for his dinner which is unheard of in the Devere house!
Mummy Em x