Find activities in the holiday that don’t cost the earth is hard, here is my list of local activities taking part this half term.
- Pop up cinema – Ilford Exchange – 27th May -29th May. Various films shown all for free! Great for little ones first cinema visits. The full listing is as follows;
Saturday 27th – 11.30am – Trolls 2.30pm Sing
Sunday 28th – 11.30am – Moana 2.30pm – Monster Trucks
Monday 29th – 11.30am – Matilda 2.30pm – Storks
24th June – 1.30am The Emperors new grove 2.30pm – Kubo & the Two strings
25th June – 11.30am – Pete’s Dragon 2.30pm – Enchanted
- Elmer Day – Ilford library 27th May – 2.30pm-3.30pm. Celebrate Elmer day with elephant themed arts and craft activities
- May half term craft sessions – Gants Hill library – 31st May 3.30pm – 4.30pm. – Make your own Cranbrook castle and find out about the castle history.
- Wii gaming fun – Gants Hill library – 1st June 2.30-3.30pm – Try out your gaming skills and compete with others.
- Spring – fest – West Ham Park – 28th May – 12.00pm – 6.00pm – Live music & DJ. Explore the new walking tail, craft activities.
- Recycling Activity – Fullwell Cross library – 2nd June – 2.00pm – 3.00pm – A ‘Give and Take Swap’ session with recycling treasure hunt.
- Space Mission – Gants Hill library – 1st June – 3.30pm-4.30pm – Learn about the universe and everything in it.
- FREE Family creative workshop – Forest Gate Community Gardens – 30th May – 2.00pm – 4.00pm – Half term workshop making arts and crafts taking inspiration from the garden.
- Meet & Greet animals – Newham City farm – 27th May – 11am – 3.00pm – Opportunity to get closer to the animals
- Make a Minion – Crafty Arts Creative Hub RM3 – 31st May – 10.00 – 11.30 – Make your own minion using colourful clay.
And if you fancy something completely different……..
Screaming with laughter – Brickyard Comedy club E2 – 7th June – 1.00- 2.30pm – Lunch time comedy club for parents/minders and their baby – up to 15 months.
I’d love to hear of any other activities you know of in the area.
Mummy Em x